21 September 2011

London Fashion Week Favourites: Part 1


Summer is definitely over in the UK. There is a slight chill and drizzle in the air and the shops are already stocking next seasons autumn wear.

To confuse matters London Fashion Week is looking ahead to Spring/Summer 2012. It can be a little hard to get excited about bikinis and pastel colours when you can't wear them for the next 6 months.

However, there has been plenty of of clothes and designers to love and covet this week. Here is a selection of clothes from day 1 and 2 that caught my eye.

Basso and Brooke

I loved these bold tropical style prints paired with the simple understated shapes of the clothing.

Caroline Charles
These dresses look so wearable and classy. I particularly like the monochrome leopard style print on the left dress.

Clements Ribeiro
Unusual prints on these pieces ranging from large paisley to optical illusions. I keep staring at the black and white trousers expecting them to have a hidden message!

Daks
Riviera chic. Just need the yacht and a martini!

Emilia Wickstead

Gorgeous vintage style prints perfect for a tea party. I guess playsuits will be back again in the shops next year, which unfortunately is a look I have never personally felt comfortable in.

Emilia Wickstead

These two dresses are my favourite cocktail styles. The one on the left wouldn't look out of place on Jade Jagger in Ibiza. The little black dress that looks fairly demure at first glance with a sheer chiffon style panel showing the hip and thigh.

Felder Felder

Beautiful and floaty materials perfect to swish around in. The white dress on the right could work so well as a bridal dress.

Felder Felder

Black will be back and is always in fashion. The metallic studs on the dresses in the middle and left work well in the sheer material and contrasts femininity with a rock edge. I love the black jacket with the leather lapels but was a bit bored with the rest of that outfit.

House of Holland

Crazy giant leopard print in pastel colours. It's mad but I would probably wear it if I thought I could get away with it!

Issa London

Such cute prints and love the flattering shapes.

Issa London

The pale aqua dress on the left caught my eye because of the demure classic cut with the scalloped neckline. The middle dress is floaty, kind of leopard (yes I love leopard) and works well in the blue and nude tones. For a red carpet va va voom number on the right.

Jaeger London and Jasper Conran

I need that green hat in my life. You can keep the rest of the outfit. The red Jasper Conran dress has a great detail with the cut out bits at the collar bone. Unfortunately I thought the rest of the dress was a bit shapeless and may have worked better as a more fitted piece.

Jena Theo and Jonathan Saunders

The monochrome dress on the left had an unusual shape and great movement. It looks a bit more forgiving for those days when you have indulged in too many ice creams but still want to look fabulous. I like the ombre effect on the Jonathan Saunders dress but probably wouldn't have chosen those particular shoes.

Paul Costelloe and Sass & Bide

Like the jacket on the left for it's shininess and colour. It would probably make me look huge and better suited to more athletic/slim builds. The white dress on the right is fantastic, loving the sculptural shoulder strap. And some fashion peeps have said one shouldered numbers are over.

Vivienne Westwood Red Label

And to finish, Vivienne Westwood. I would happily wear any of the clothes above if I could afford to. They look so tailored and structured yet effortless. The black dress on the right would suit any size and shaped lady and make them look fabulous. An investment that would get worn again and again over the years.

More information on the designers and clothing featured at www.londonfashionweek.co.uk.
Photo credits: Catwalking.com