19 September 2011

My lovely lily themed wedding stationery

Back in October 2008, I got married to Matthew. I can't quite believe that our third anniversary is nearly upon us. Where has all the time gone?

As I am a graphic designer and have slight tendencies towards being a control freak, it made sense for me to design my own wedding invitations. Thankfully I had a fairly good idea of what I wanted and was able to get on with creating my design for the save the date and invites etc. I was worried that being my own client could cause problems with getting stuck or indecisiveness so I relied on friends and family for feedback and comments.

Lilies are my favourite flowers and so I wanted to feature them prominently in the stationery and the rest of the day's theme. I incorporated the lilies with some meadow flowers for wimsy and balance to the designs. I mainly used dark pink and purple berry colours to tie in with the autumnal time of year. All the items were printed digitally and I was really happy with the finished quality.

For some pictures of the wedding day itself went, check out my blog post My Lily and Meadow Themed Wedding.

Here are some pictures of how my wedding stationery turned out.