03 October 2011

LFW Final Favourites: Part 2

I know London Fashion Week 2011 has been over for ages and the fashion pack has already moved onto Paris Fashion Week, but here are my favourite pictures of days 3, 4 and 5.


Amanda Wakeley




I love the interesting abstract and muted colour palette of the left dress. I could see it working throughout the year. I also like the simple Grecian inspired dress on the right with the strong neck strap.


Antonio Berardi




These dresses are beautiful. The one on the left could make a great wedding dress that would make a change from the popular strapless designs. I could see the red dress in the middle on Kate Middleton and looking fabulous.


Nicole Farhi (left),  Unique (middle) and Peter Jensen(right)




These three dresses caught my eye for their simple yet effective cuts. I have see that yellow has been a popular colour with many of the designers showing at London Fashion Week. The gold detailing on the black centre dress adds interest and a toughness to a simple silhouette. I like the red satin dress on the right but I don't think I could carry it off with the check shirt!


Holly Fulton




Tribal and African style prints were popular and these were some that I particularly liked.


Holly Fulton




Cocktails in a zebra-print dress anyone? Don't mind if I do...just need to go on safari! The blue dress is georgeous with it's subtle transition from saphire blue to aqua. It reminds me of an exotic tropical coastline.


J JS Lee




Anyone for tennis? In the 1940s.


Kinder Aggugini (left) and Michael van der Ham (right)




Gorgeous prints. The jacket looks like it has a blossom tree growing on it whereas the dress on the right reminds me of slices of rough crystal. The colours in the pattern looks great with the red hair. 


David Koma (left) and Erdem (right)




I love the unusual cut of the David Koma dress with a minimalist feel. The Erdem dress on the right is exactly what I could picture myself wearing at the Queen's garden party at Buckingham Palace. Just need to wait for an invite first.


Marios Schwab




See-through dresses anyone? Aside from the underwear issue, I do like these.


Mark Fast




I predict crochet detailing will appear again on the high street next summer. The fringing on the left dress looks fabulous and I am sure will be popular on the red carpets.


Mary Katrantzou




Time and time again, my eye is drawn to the bold and bright prints. They are just so exciting and the one on the left looks so swishy.


Matthew Williamson




I thought the outfit in the centre looked a bit Autumnal but could work all year round. Again, I just love the bright patterned prints.


Mulberry




I have a small big obsession with Mulberry handbags and wish I could own them all. In every colour. These pictures caught my eye for the reappearance of the popular colour yellow and I loved the coordinating hues in the styled outfits. 


Peter Pilotto




Peter Pilotto is never shy of outrageous and bold prints. These have quite a fishy/reptilian feel to them yet they shape and emphasise the body so well. The centre dress reminds me a little of a mermaid and I don't think that's a bad thing!


Pringle of Scotland




And finally... knitwear. Love the grey background to the graphic geometric pattern. It reminded me of this print that I saw recently. 

More information on the designers and clothing featured at 
www.londonfashionweek.co.uk.
Photo credits: 
Catwalking.com