12 March 2012

Craft Central Gets Hitched – London’s handmade wedding fair


Are you planning your wedding and fed up of massive soulless commercial wedding fairs? 

Craft Central is hosting Gets Hitched, a handmade wedding fair, on 22-25 March 2012 at their location in 33-35 St John’s Square, London EC1M 4DS.




There will drink and canapés from Pom Pom Takoyaki at the Launch Night on Thurs 22 March 4-8pm.
Late Night Shopping on Fri 23 March 4-8pm.

Avoid the High Street crowds on Sat 24 March 11am – 5pm and Sun 25 March 12-4pm.

FREE ADMISSION.

The Gets Hitched wedding fair is compact and intimate. There will be loads of ideas on how to add a handmade touch to your big day. Give your wedding some character and browse unique products. You could commission your own piece or discover a bespoke design service.

From ‘classic’ wedding essentials, to the slightly more unusual, handcrafted products on offer will include:

  • Bridal fashion 
  • Invitations
  • Millinery
  • Jewellery (rings in particular!)
  • Gifts (such as Ceramics, Interior Products, Silversmithing, etc)
  • Father/Mother of Bride/Groom fashion and accessories
  • Bunting 
  • Decorations 
  • Floristry 
  • Favours and table paraphernalia


Their first Gets Hitched event was last year on 23-25 June 2011, which I went along with my friend, Philippa. It was great to wonder round all the rooms and studios at Craft Central and met some really interesting people. If this fair had been around when I was planning my own wedding, it would have given me loads of inspiration.

This year I have gotten involved by joining their mailing campaign that will reach 1,000 cherry pricked craft/design specific contacts. I supplied A6 postcards (pictured below) with some information about Lovely Designs, pictures of my favourite work and the service I provide. Hopefully, it will spark some interest and get will lead to some design commissions.




I will be popping along on the Launch Night to check out fellow designers and makers.  Wish me luck and maybe I will see you at Craft Central Gets Hitched!

For more information, how to get to the fair, and download your own invitation from their website:
http://craftcentral.org.uk/craft-central-gets-hitched