10 October 2012

4 years of marriage bliss (and tantrums)

Our wedding rings



I can't quite believe it but today marks exactly 4 years since I walked down the aisle and married Matthew. It has absolutely flown by with a mixture of good times and not so great times, all part of any relationship and normal life.

Out of curiousity, I looked up what a four anniversary is symbolised by. According to Wikipedia, in America it is linen or silk and in the UK it is fruit or flowers.

So I am now expecting a bouquet made of fruit from my husband...

If you want a fruity flower display like this one, you can find some here.


... I shan't hold my breath or be disappointed if he doesn't get me one!

It's even harder to believe that we have been together (on and off) since the age 17. We have grown up a lot together, hopefully with a sense of humour and fun, and still have more to do.

We have noticed the little physical tell tale signs of getting older in each other. Thinning hair and less perky bust. But it doesn't make us love each other any less... at least that's what he tells me!

So cheers to taking each day as they come and looking forward to growing old (fabulously) with Matthew.

Happy anniversary, Matthew! 
xxxxxxx (infinity plus one)


P.S. We both have had our share of tantrums and strops but not both at the same time.